Been a while since I’ve posted, but not for lack of desire or content. Rather, we’ve been extremely busy here at EthicsPoint over the past few months, and I’ve just been remiss in my blogging duties. But no more- today starts a renewed commitment to keeping this space current.
To get started, thought I’d share a bunch of links/news and other material you may find interesting…
For the third straight year, EthicsPoint is hosting our annual Best Ethics Portal Contest – I encourage any of our current customers who have launched a new or revamped Ethics Portal in the past twelve months to nominate their site.
I spent a good part of my late Spring and Summer traveling around the US to EthicsPoint Regional User Forums – one of the best parts of my job. I love meeting with companies that are putting real effort into building a culture of integrity and compliance and seeing the progress of their activities year over year is incredibly rewarding. One of the interesting topics this year was the anticipated impact of the whistleblower “bounties” referenced in the Frank Dodd Act and what this meant to corporate compliance and ethics officers.
EthicsPoint will be hosting a webinar Whistleblowing and the New Race to Report: The Impact of the Dodd-Frank Act and Proposed Changes to the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines with Toby Bishop and Mohammed Ahmed from Deloitte on September 29 for those of you interested in learning more about this topic.
And on the subject of webinars, I’d be remiss if I didn’t direct you to our archives, as we’ve hosted some really valuable sessions over the past few months on topics such as:
- The FCPA Year In Review: How Recent Investigations and Prosecutions Will Impact Compliance Programs
- The UK Bribery Act – Analyzing the Impact for UK and US-based Companies
- Reporting to the Board on your Ethics and Compliance Program New Guidance and Good Practices,
- Global Discrimination, Harassment and Diversity Policies and Strategies for Multinational Workforces
In the coming weeks, I hope we’ll get a chance to see you at one of the upcoming conferences where EthicsPoint will be speaking and/or exhibiting, including
- The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Compliance Institute,
- The Association of College and University Auditors annual conference,
- The 18th Annual Ethics and Compliance Officers Association conference,
- The Open Compliance and Ethics Group GRC360° Executive Forum to be held in the Netherlands in October and
- Ethical Corp’s 4th annual Anti-Corruption Summit Europe later in November